When it comes to selling your home, the presentation is key! That’s why it’s important to fix any maintenance problems and spruce up the place as much as possible.
First impressions count, so get these issues sorted before the photographer or potential buyer step foot into your home. At CPM, we can undertake just about any job – big or small! At, what is more, we do so at an incredibly reasonable price. From new guttering, decorating your home to just a few cosmetic repairs, follow our comprehensive guide and find out how you can increase the potential of selling your home.
As Exeter’s leading property maintenance company, we are well positioned to offer expert advice and information. Whether you would like to use these tips for your DIY projects, or you require our help with any tasks, we hope this guide will give you some inspiration. Call us on 01392 925045 for a free quotation or further advice.
Why use this guide?
- You wouldn’t sell a car without giving it a wash or clean.So why do it when trying to sell your home? It’s important for the buyer to connect with your home so that they can imagine themselves and their family living there for life.
- And don’t leave any room unturned. If you have a utility room then ensure it functions as a utility room; if you have a downstairs toilet then make sure the Hoover does not live in there
- Showcase all of the fantastic rooms in your home and accentuate those unique features. It may take be snapped up straight away, or it may take a few viewings- either way, our guide could be the saving grace you need to dazzle your potential buyers.
To sell your home as quick as possible follow our top 10 tips below!
1. Transform your garden into a sanctuary
The perfect garden landscaping will instantly transform the exterior of your home, and add more value to the property. Look into trusted local companies who can lay patios and decking, for example.
2. Front door first impressions
Just like the eye is the window to your soul, so the front door is the window to your home!. Stand out from the crowd with a tasteful colour and design. Update the outside lighting or place hanging baskets on either side of your door.
3. Brighten up your entrance hall!
The cloakroom or hallway it usually the first port of call when entering the home. Hide all coats and shoes, paint with neutral colours and upgrade the lighting to give it an airy, spacious feel.
4. Add some sparkle!
Mismatched lighting and old-fashioned lampshades can make your home appear dark and small. Install bright, modern lights and consider visiting local newbuild showrooms in your area for inspiration on how to wow potential buyers.
5. Use neutral colours
Potential buyers will most likely want to decorate their new home to their personal tastes. Using neutral colours such as magnolia, or light pastels will ensure your home looks new – and provide a fresh slate for buyers to imagine their dream home.
6. Fix cosmetic visual damages
Whether it’s just a dripping tap or a cracked floor tile, these issues will be picked up when a potential buyer comes to view your property. From removing grubby sealant to replacing damaged tiles, these small steps can add value and appeal to your home.
7. Remove unnecessary clutter
Clutter. Hell no! How do you expect to impress potential buyers with a cluttered house? If you have outgrown your home, start packing and if you don’t have anywhere to put it then use your loft or local storage centers. This will give your home a more spacious look.
8. ACHOO! Oh they have a cat?! How cute…**Quick escape**
Get Fluffy to stay with the parents when you are entertaining possible buyers. They could be allergic, or the smell and cat hair may just put them off altogether.
9. Show buyers the child-friendly and entertaining space they dream of!
The first thing people see when they step into the back garden? An unkempt garden? Loose concrete slabs? Your back garden should conjure up images of entertaining and children playing. If need be, buy in-expensive patio furniture, potted plants and install some outdoor lighting to tie it all together.
10. Have a spring clean
Cleanliness and tidiness should never be underestimated, so.clean each room top to bottom. In high impact rooms such as the bathroom and kitchen, make sure surfaces and floors are wiped down. A sparkling floor will instantly lift the room. A proper clean will also make your home smell fresh and appealing.
Are you relaxed and not urgently looking to sell?
Here are some larger home improvements that we could complete to ensure your house is fit for selling!
- A conservatory is a great way to add space to your home.
- Loft conversions are perfect for adding that extra room or study to a house and these can increase your property value from 10-20%.
- Room extensions are a larger cost, but they pay off in the long run – you could add a one or two storey extension or add extra rooms in any direction.
- Wet rooms are in and not many people have baths in the morning, so space saving modern wet room would be a unique selling point for you property.
- Finally, if your kitchen and bathrooms could do with a new renovation then look no further – Complete Project Management is an Exeter kitchen fitters with 20 years of experience.
Follow these steps to help maximise your property’s potential that will allow you to achieve a faster sale and the best possible market price for your home.