Converting unused or under-utilised areas of your property is a fantastic way of making the most out of home life and increasing property valuation for when the time comes to sell. Our Devon conversions team improve the value of properties across the South West with the application of their garage and loft conversion expertise.
A loft or garage conversion is also a fantastic way to create space, all the while increasing the value of your property, if you don’t have the budget for a home extension.
Loft Conversion Cost and Variables
There are several nuances that can define your loft conversion and, like any home renovation project, it’s always important to have a clear projection of costs and results before starting work. Here, we look at different elements to think about for your loft conversion, as well as the average costs attached, according to Price Your Job:
- £12,500 – £20,000 | The average total cost of converting your loft into a bedroom with roof windows.
- £17,500 – £25,000 | Adding an ensuite bathroom to the above increases the cost range to this level.
- £25,000 – £30,000 | Top of the range with all conventional loft conversion aspects included – you can expect to pay between these two figures for a bedroom with both dormers, roof windows, and an ensuite.
Loft Conversions In Exeter
Clear out the things that you discard to the highest point of the house and make the most out of your space, with a CPM loft conversion. A simplistic room-in-roof conversion without dormers will cost a lot less, yet will still bring huge financial gains when you decide it’s time to sell up and move elsewhere.
A loft conversion without dormers still provides you with a completely new space and a blank canvas, given you the chance to install attractive features such as rooflights. According to Resi, a loft conversion in the South West could see your property value soar by more than £70,000.
Make use of our availability calendar and request a no obligation, free same day quotation at a time that suits you.
Adding Value with a Garage Conversion
A garage conversion is undoubtedly one the most cost-effective property improvements you can make and, when carried out methodically by our experienced Exeter builders, can add as much as 10% to the existing value of your home.
The cost of a garage conversion usually lands between £5,000 – £8,000. These structural and logistical factors usually contribute to the make-up of the overall cost:
- The foundations: The extent of reinforcements to your garage’s foundations is a key component in the overall cost. However, the foundations have to be laid correctly in order for you to reap the rewards of the completed conversion.
- Walls, floors and roof: addressing structural and aesthetic issues; refurbishing tired areas where needed.
- Planning applications: A high majority of garage conversions don’t require planning permission, with most plans falling under Permitted Development rights.
- The ceiling height: This may have to be raised.
Around this time last year, we brought you the Top 10 Garage Conversion Ideas, and since then we’ve been busy bringing these concepts to life for satisfied private clients!
Garage and Loft Conversions from Our Devon Builders
Our Exeter builders have helped numerous homeowners revitalise their homes, converting wasted areas into energetic, accommodating rooms that add a whole new dimension. Contact our dedicated, attentive and efficient team today to discuss adding real value to your property.